Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT), typically in the form of skin-inserted pellets, is on the rise for its several advantages over synthetic hormones.¹ Patients undergoing andropause, menopause, or other hormonal imbalances are demanding this type of treatment more and more, leading researchers to predict a growth in the bioidentical hormones market from USD 8.63 billion in 2022 to USD 11.92 billion by 2030.² With this in mind, Pellecome has developed and released a new and convenient BHRT pellet insertion device.
As a safer and more precise method for administering pellets, here is how the Pellecome Re³ Advanced Pellet Delivery System can help you ensure safety and precision when offering BHRT to your patients.
The Need for Safety and Precision With BHRT Pellets
As it is known, treatment with a BHRT pellet requires making a small incision to implant the pellet beneath the skin. Although this procedure is typically conducted under local anesthetic, as with all invasive procedures, there is a chance of infection or pellet extrusion.³
Furthermore, when offering BHRT pellets as treatment, the current standard process for many clinics is to clean, sterilize, and reuse traditional medical equipment and tools, such as a stainless steel trocar.⁴ This approach often requires you to set up additional stations, which may be time-consuming, costly, and inefficient.
How the Pellecome BHRT Insertion Device Works
With its ergonomic shape and built-in needle guide, the Pellecome Re³ Advanced Delivery System is a cutting-edge pellet insertion device that ensures comfort and accuracy with each procedure. As the insertion pen deposits the BHRT pellet in a straight, retrograde pattern into the skin, the pellet is guaranteed to reach its intended subcutaneous tissue target every time.
With its proprietary design and technology, the Pellecome Re³ Advanced Pellet Delivery System can bring the following benefits to your practice:
- The aseptic pellet transfer provided by the funnel system ensures the pellet’s safety and sterility during administration.
- Patient bruising and pain may be reduced, as well as the quantity of anesthetic needed.
- Pellet extrusion, infections, or muscular soreness due to inaccurate incisions may be avoided.
- During the loading process, the convenient funnel aids in avoiding pellet loss, a significant problem with present systems.
- By carefully controlling the breadth and depth of the incision, the device speeds up the insertion process.
The Pellecome BHRT pellet insertion device has everything in one kit, including the insertion tool, scalpel, funnel, and sterile tray with Tyvek® peel.
Start Offering BHRT Pellets With Pellecome
If you are considering providing BHRT pellet treatments as a service, start the right way with Pellecome.
To learn more about using the Re³ Advanced Delivery System in your practice, contact Pellecome at (888) 773-9969 or by filling out this online form.
- Read “The Clinical Utility of Compounded Bioidentical Hormone Therapy: A Review of Safety, Effectiveness, and Use” at NAP.edu [Internet]. nap.nationalacademies.org. [cited 2023 Sep 22]. Available from: https://nap.nationalacademies.org/read/25791/chapter/1
- Bioidentical Hormones Market Size, Share, Growth And Forecast [Internet]. Verified Market Research. [cited 2023 Sep 22]. Available from: https://www.verifiedmarketresearch.com/product/bioidentical-hormones-market/
- National Academies of Sciences E, Division H and M, Policy B on HS, Therapy C on the CU of TP with CBHR, Jackson LM, Parker RM, et al. The Safety and Effectiveness of Compounded Bioidentical Hormone Therapy [Internet]. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. National Academies Press (US); 2020. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK562865/
- Donovitz GS. Low complication rates of testosterone and estradiol implants for androgen and estrogen replacement therapy in over 1 million procedures. Therapeutic Advances in Endocrinology and Metabolism [Internet]. 2021 Jan;12:204201882110152. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/20420188211015238