As you age, the amount of hormones that your body naturally produces changes, depressing the anabolic processes that grow new tissue this is called Hormone deficiency, and giving way to the typical symptoms of aging.
Hormone Stages in Women: Menopause
For women, this hormonal change is broken up into different stages:
- Premenopause refers to the time from a woman’s first regular menstrual to her last regular menstrual cycle. This is the period of “normal” reproductive function for a woman.
- Perimenopause is the next stage. This refers to the “transitional” stage, which varies from 2 to about 10 years, prior to complete cessation of menstruation. This is usually experienced by women 35 to 50 years of age. During this stage, a woman can experience major hormone fluctuations which can cause typical symptoms, such as hot flashes.
- Menopause is the third stage and marks the natural end of a woman’s reproductive cycle. It is at this point that the body’s ability to produce estrogen and progesterone naturally decreases substantially. The ovaries stop producing eggs and a woman is no longer able to become pregnant naturally.
- Postmenopause is the period of life after menopause. This phase is generally believed to begin after 12 full months have passed since the last menstrual period.
As a woman passes through each of these four stages, she will go through many physical and psychological changes as her own body’s ability to maintain proper hormonal balance diminishes. Pellets for menopause helps to maintain a hormonal balance.
Hormones in Men: Andropause
Andropause is often called the “male menopause.” As men age, their bodies produce less and less testosterone. This lack of testosterone can lead to symptoms that many men just accept as the “normal aging process”. A lot of men do not realize that these symptoms can be significantly reduced or nearly eliminated through pellet BHRT.
Numerous changes are associated with an age-related decline in testosterone. Men can go through these changes suddenly, or more typically, slowly over a period of time, with a gradual hormone decline. Men can start this decline as early as their 30s when the body’s production of testosterone starts to drop by 1 – 2% each year.
Hormone Deficiency in Women & Men
Estrogen Deficiency in Women
- Hot flashes
- Vaginal dryness
- Irregular periods
- Panic attacks
- Mood swings
- Memory Lapses
- Low Self Esteem
Testosterone Deficiency in Women
- Mood swings
- Lack of sleep
- Memory loss
- Decreased sex drive
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Weight gain
Testosterone Deficiency in Men
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Decreased bone density
- Decreased lean body mass
- Increased metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance
- Cardiovascular disease
- Increased angina & ischemia
- High cholesterol
- Increases Mortality
- Negatively impacts overall health and Quality of Life
Read what our patients are saying!
"Wanted to express my gratitude for your training, support and patience on Saturday. You have a great crew. As I was driving home back to South Florida, it felt like I spent the day with family"
Click here to read more reviews.
Hormone Deficiency’s Negative Impact on Body Systems
Hormone deficiency is why your bones lose calcium, why your blood pressure may be a little (or a lot) higher than it used to be, your arteries are starting to show wear and tear, and why you just don’t have the energy or vitality you used to. Wonder why you just don’t feel like yourself anymore? Because your body is not balanced.
By raising your hormone levels through Bioidentical Hormone pellets Replacement Therapy (BHRT), you can help to turn on your body’s natural ability to thrive, just like the hormone levels were when you were younger.
If you are suffering from any of the symptoms of hormone deficiency, consider the benefits of optimizing your hormone levels with pellet BHRT.